We are in the digital world. You and I we all are all are experiencing a digital revolution throughout India from last few years. And it will increase rapidly in the future, that’s why digital marketing is extending across various industries and sectors. This revolution is bringing so many changes in society mainly increase in the use of the internet- especially students. They use the internet to gather information, entertainment and socialize. That’s why in the future the internet should be the right place for education marketing. As per the recent census, around 29% of the Indian population lives in the age group of 0-15. So in the future, the education sector will head towards the prosperity of the future.
But along with this, a problem is emerging in the business view, that’s competition. Yes as per the demand new competitions will also arise. More and more educational players are entering the market and creating intense competition among educational institutions. So it’s very necessary to stand out from others for that you have to adopt new education marketing trends. It is noticed that the average time spends on the internet among teenagers and youth is increasing at a booming rate. So the future is clear that the digital platform is the most convenient, effective and the dominant way to achieve the targeted group ( i.e potential students) to enroll in your educational institution.
We define Digital Marketing As
A process reaching out and engaging to your targeted audience across digital platforms, prompt them to hook to your brand. And providing a 360-degree solution to all digital needs. Digital marketing is how business comes alive online. There are many different ins and outs to making your website and company effective online. Having a strong online presence can be a great resource for getting a business to grow. It can be through websites. Search engines, social networking sites, email, and mobile apps etc.
Do you know why Digital marketing for educational institutes is essential?
From last few time mainly from the time jio has arrived. The internet has become the primary source of people searching any pieces of information or for entertainment. Also noted that the student community is the most dominant group that takes the maximum advantages of the internet. Students not only use it for gathering information about relevant topics, assignments, project, subjects, syllabus etc. But also uses the internet for the finding of courses, fee structures, colleges, admission process, college infrastructure, college ranking, education quality, placement records, hostel facilities, students reviews etc.
Not only students their parents are also using the internet for removing their queries. Before making a personal visit to educational institute they always try to make an online research. To know more about schools and colleges for their children. They try to enquire about accommodation, faculties, cafeteria, extracurricular activities, testimonial, and experts etc. So as a part of education marketing, you can provide maximum information via the internet. With less investment than all other advertisement and marketing platforms.
At last, the internet is the best platforms that provide maximum details regarding our educational institution. So, in the modern world Digital marketing is very essential for educational institutes.
Do you want to know some “Digital Marketing Strategies for Educational Institutions”?
Then check this out:
- Define your personas
Yes, it’s true you have to understand the structure of your audience to create a successful digital strategy. Try to identify their pulse their key personas, try to put yourself as an audience and think what motivates you the most and try to craft a successful strategy that will hit the audience weakness and to generate leads which can be converted later on.
Once you identified your persona try to segment them with details that are unique to the group such as demographics, job type of interest, personal details, goals, and achievements etc.
Yes, it may seem to be obvious, but it should be the first impression because every student not only students their parents to try to gain knowledge from your website, that’s why in recent times your website should be highly active and should be optimized.
So it’s a crucial step to create a responsive and user-friendly website, which should be informative and highly optimized. It also helps you to track where the students were engaging the most.
Which also help you to target your audience and enhance the user experience.
Along with that additionally, you have provided them with an incorporated and personalized experience through the website which will increase the genuine and trust of the visitors. A genuine and trustworthy profile me provide you with great engagement and a good conversion rate.
As per the analysis, more than 77% of students with their schools or colleges to use personal information to make their college experience better.
- Research effectiveness in digital channels
We all know that more than 60% of students, as well as parents, use search engines as an inquiry spot for choosing a better higher education institute. As per the research after 2017 the persons at the age group of 16- 24 spends 2 hrs and 26 min /day of their life on the internet at an average.
Through digital marketing its provides us an opportunity to understand the pulse of our audience, along with at the time of any offer, research is required to find out where and how your targeted audience engages most online. But on the other side, each channel has its own pros and cons but if understood it you are able to find out your right channels.
Some of the channels are :
- Visuals –Currently, snap chat and Pinterest is acting as the biggest platform for a visual attraction of serious contents among the younger generation. Around 100 million active users are using these platforms.
- Real-time – Real-time At recent times the Indian youths are moving towards Instagram and youtube. So for an institution, these are the 2 best platforms to engage with the youths. You can easily make a communication channel with them and can able to query their doughts and will be the best way to promote your business.
- Targeting:Yes, it must one the important thing to target your potential audience which needs some research so that you transfer your ideas to the right audience which is very essential.
- B2B:According to my opinion, LinkedIn must be one of the best platforms to target B2B communication. LinkedIn is considered to be one of the genuine places for professional.
- Try to take advantage of paid search –Try to experiment with paid media or native advertising which can help you to expand reach, brand awareness, page views, and student lead flow. More than 70% of users prefer to engage with you live which you can provide through various paid advertisements. Through that you are able to increase traffic to your site, to your page etc.. One of the cheap and easiest advertisement is using facebook sponsored targeting ads. There you are able to do live engagement, you are generated leads etc.